Located in Buena Park, California and reporting into the Manager, Financial Services, the Construction Credit and Collections Supervisor is responsible for achieving business goals and objectives that are established by the Director of Financial Services and the Regional Financial Services Manager.
As a member of the financial services function s/he will play a critical and key role in leveraging financial services expertise to secure and protect WESCO assets. In this role s/he will manage account receivables of four assigned branch locations in the Southern California whose customer base is primarily commercial construction and solar industries but also includes OEM, government, and agriculture among others.
In order to become successful, s/he must be able to quickly learn the customer base, WESCO’s financial services methodology, the opportunities and build strong customer relationships in order to meet business goals of securing and protecting WESCO assets and receivables.
• Compile, analyze and maintain information on credit worthiness on all customers within assignment
• Approve and control extension of credit to all customers within the limitations established within Financial Services guidelines and Limits of Authority, using credit instruments (i.e., UCC, joint checks, letters of credit, liens, payment and performance bonds, guaranties) as appropriate; make recommendations for credit limits over limits of authority
• Forecast and collect the accounts receivable in accordance with terms of sale and department objectives, with associated document support
• Take appropriate action on overdue accounts, including recommendation of legal action to Financial Services Manager
• Participate in periodic reviews of assigned accounts receivable, goals and objectives with Region Financial Services Manager, taking necessary action to improve performance
• Review Aging and Claims and Deductions monthly with Branch Management, taking necessary action to improve performance and achieve established goals and objectives
• Maintain aggressive follow up to ensure prompt resolution of Claims and Deductions
• Reconciliation of customer accounts, including unapplied cash
• Direct activities/responsibilities of Financial Services Associates and Analysts
• Protect A/R by securing personal or third party guarantees, bond/lien rights, and review of financial information
• Work with Financial Services Management to achieve Dashboard objectives
• Train Financial Services and Branch employees and customers as appropriate
• Customer and branch visits to develop relationships
• Maintain lien/bond rights where applicable
• Review and execute lien waivers within scope of limits of authority
• Review and negotiate terms and conditions within scope of limits of authority
• Participate in NACM or other credit industry groups meetings
• Maintain contacts with credit profession and financial institutions